The University Library was name after the first Chancellor Steven Eka when it gained status from Goroka Techers College to University in 1997. It is located in the Hill Top of Humilaveka North of Goroka, Eastern Highlands Province, Papua New Guinea.
The University Library serves the information needs of the students and staff of the University. Limited reading and other services are also available to outside users. Currently, the Library has a total collection of over 100,000 volumes of monographs, 1000 serial titles, 1000 video recordings, and it has 5000 ebooks and over 9000 PDFs uploaded to the Library Database.
Apart from the loans, several special collections namely Papua New Guinea Research, Special Reserve, Reference, Newspapers and Periodicals have been organized for the convenience of users. Facilities for accessing information have upgraded from manual to on-line and the current software sysem that the Library use is the Liberty 5 with access also to internet.
The audio-visula section provides facilities for video/audio recording, viewing, loans of equipment and technical services to academic departments and students. Photocopying facilities are available at the library for students while large scale reproduction in print are undertaken in the Printery Section.
The library is open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. except on Fridays when services are closed at 4:00 p.m. Weekend opening hours are 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.